Expert and Consulting Witness
Dynamics of Violent Encounters
Michigan Self-defense Seminars
***We are NOT a legal firm nor do we give legal advice***
This seminar goes well beyond the one hour legal seminar presented in your Concealed Pistol License class. If you carry a firearm or have a firearm in your home for protection, you need this seminar!
Contact Dr. Art Joslin for more information or to register.
This course is taught by Art Joslin, a Graduate of the Law of Self-Defense Instructor Program. Dr. Joslin studied under the tutelage of famed criminal defense attorney Andrew Branca, author of the book "The Law of Self-Defense, 3rd Edition."
UPCOMING SEMINAR DATES - 2016/2017
December 3 • January 14 • February 4 • March 25
All seminars are in Howell, Michigan unless otherwise noted.
Seminar fee- $125 (fee increases to $150 in 2017)
What people have said about this seminar:
"This seminar is a “must have” for all those with Concealed Pistol Licenses. The research necessary to clarify the historical and current views of the Courts regarding the nuances of Michigan’s Self Defense Act and Castle Doctrine is the basis for a fantastic in depth class presented in a clear concise professional manner guaranteed to hold your attention. I thoroughly enjoyed the interactive discussion with Art as well as the other Students in this seminar and would highly recommend all CPL holders/Concealed Carry Practitioners attend this great class."
Chief of Police-Retired
"Art really took things to the next level with this course by not only presenting an in-depth look at Self-Defense laws, but was able to apply this directly to existing Michigan Case Law. His extensive knowledge and research was obvious and provided great benefit to me as a student. I will highly recommend this class to all of my current and future CPL students as a way to better understand their rights and the State of Michigan Self Defense Laws"
"Awesome class I highly recommend it to anyone who has their cpl and wants to know the ins and outs of the law side of the cpl. This class had an abundance of fantastic information that makes you really think before using your cpl. All the information provided helps you know exactly what your rights are and what you may need to be able to articulate to the law in case you may ever need to use your firearm. Really prepared well and taught very clearly so you leave with a great understanding. Thanks for the fantastic class!!"
MICHIGAN SELF-DEFENSE SEMINAR
In this 8- hour self-defense education seminar, you will familiarize yourself with the following important topics of self-defense law in Michigan through discussion and study:
• Complete and detailed discussion of the Michigan Self-defense Act of 2006;
• Analyzing, studying, and discussion of relevant Michigan and National case-law and how it has been applied in Michigan self-defense cases;
• Learning how to minimize your vulnerability to government intervention;
• Preparing yourself to win the coming battles;
• Discussing what the government MUST disprove in order to defeat your self-defense claim;
• Learning key strategies to help protect against the most common vulnerabilities and government attacks;
• Understanding if/when to risk defending others and defending property.
• Learning what “Stand-Your-Ground,” the “Castle Doctrine,” and "Rebuttable Presumption" REALLY mean . . . and what they DO NOT mean.
• After the fact: Interaction with law enforcement.
• Understanding Ability, Opportunity, Jeopardy.
• Understanding and applying the Five Elements of Self-Defense: Avoidance, Innocence, Imminence, Proportionality, and Reasonableness.
PLEASE NOTE: This seminar (nor the instructor), DOES NOT engage in, provide legal advice, offer legal services, and/or act as an intermediary in legal matters on behalf of another person or entity. It is purely an educational course that engages in the discussion and study of relevant published texts, doctrines and self-defense opinions.
Contact Us | All correspondence is private and confidential
Click on "Contact Us" above and enter the requested information.
* We will never share or sell your email address or phone number.
© 2016 Art Joslin & Associates. All Rights Reserved. | Privacy